“You can have brilliant ideas, but if you can’t get them across, your ideas won’t get you anywhere.” Lee Iacocca
At Live Laugh Learn, we believe sending and receiving communication effectively is key in every area of life.
However, it is definitely a learned skill, and for many students reading and writing do not come naturally. They have to work at it and persevere through reading and writing blocks. Our language arts tutors at Live Laugh Learn understand this struggle and offer a wide variety of language skill development opportunities for grades 1-12:
- Supplemental reading assistance -- for students who understand the basics of reading but need a little extra support outside of the classroom.
- Reading comprehension -- for students who struggle to draw conclusions from what they read and answer questions about the text.
- Creative writing -- learn to write descriptively and show rather than tell a story, how take your creative ideas and structure them so they flow smoothly, and just become more comfortable with writing in general.
- Formal writing -- focus on developing the skills needed to write well-organized and purposeful papers. Work on brainstorming and organizational techniques, persuasive writing, and more.
- Grammar and punctuation -- build skills and knowledge in writing accurately in well-structured sentences. This also helps students prepare for the English portion of the ACT.
- Research and citations -- learn how to discern between sound and unsound Internet sources, how to search Internet databases, and how to cite your sources properly to avoid plagiarism.
- Analyzing and writing about literature -- need to write a book report or literary analysis? Or simply understand elements of literature and answer questions? Learn to identify theme, plot, climax, antagonists and protagonists, point-of-view, and to create a well-thought and effective response.
“Rachel is amazing! She's very knowledgeable and patient with my son. She...tutors my 14 yr old with language arts. I recommend her to everyone that is looking for a tutor.”
“Rachel did a wonderful job with tutoring my nephew the past six weeks. She is very knowledgeable, professional, patient, and caring of her clients. My nephew was able to graduate on Thursday because of Rachel’s dedicated assistance. Thank you Rachel!!”